Dual boot mac os 9 os x
I already have OSX The system didn't come with an OS9 disc, so I tried to use my existing copy v9. It said "cannot install on this hardware" paraphrasing.
Do I have to remove it and install 9 first? Should I put the two in different partitions? Machines of your generation now come with a single Software Restore DVD, which you should be able to use to reinstall Classic i.
- best free mac banking software.
- How to Dual Boot OS 9 and OS X on Power M… - Apple Community!
- Dual-Booting OS X: The Safe Way to Explore the Future!
- mac os compare windows 8.
- how to uninstall windows 7 on mac;
- Welcome Image and Text?
- use mac as router for xbox;
OS 9 on the PowerBook. Put the DVD in, and run the Restore application can't remember what exactly it's called, but it's something like Restore Applications and you should be able to check just the one for Classic.
Create a Triple Boot Mac with OS 9, OS X, and Linux | Low End Mac
I wouldn't bother with separate partitions myself; it's usually not worth it unless you split your time with both systems. If I restore the system, it just reinstalls the OSX software. I'm at work right now, but I'll double-check this when I get a chance. I sure don't remember seeing anything related to OS9. First of all, do you see a OS 9 folder in the Startup Disk panel? By all means, I think if Classic is installed, it will be bootable on the OS 9 bootable machines of course. If not, there's an invisible.
- legends of the arena download for mac.
- spiral knights cheat codes mac.
- Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform..
- how do I dual boot OS9 and OSX??
- 2006 mac mini upgrade ram.
- how do I dual boot OS9 and OSX? - Ars Technica OpenForum.
- Dual Booting and the Classic Environment | Mac OS X Client General Security Practices | Peachpit;
It's been covered so many times on macfixit or macintouch. I don't think it's an install, it's just a simple drag-n-copy.
How to dual boot Os9 and 10.4
Originally posted by quazi: Any version of OS 9 will work on a Powerbook. I just installed OS X The firmware? Thanks in advance. Upgrade the system to at least 9. Under the Apple Menu is About this Computer, this will show you what version you have.
Use the Software Update control panel to upgrade. Lost your password? Powered by the Parse. More Mac Sites: Macworld MacUser iPhone Central.
Dual Booting and the Classic Environment
But if you want OS 9 and you have OS X selected as the startup disk, holding '9' won't get you anywhere. But hold Command-S instead which launches in single user mode , and then type: To make it even easier, make a script that does this, put it in the root of your hard drive and chmod it so it is executable. However the default shell is not bash anyone know how to change it so it is? The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
http://ubiquitybrands.com/cache/3612-cydia-app.php NovaScotian on Nov 23, '04 Thank You [ Reply to This ]. DougAdams on Nov 24, '04 Thanks for the reminder about the Option key.